Kitten with growth on eye

LovingBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m unsure of what it is? When I found her she had crust over one eye and when it opened it had this pink fleshy thing...? It doesn’t seem to bother her much and she can see a little from the eye, but definitely not good... just maybe seeing shadows under the blob... has anyone seen anything like this?

E4A963BB-DBCC-446C-9C65-5113F43ADDFB.jpeg

0F808CC3-90C3-4694-9CEA-16A568756B6E.jpeg

A76906CE-5B82-437B-879E-1D3E3EFA9CAC.jpeg

I am planning on bringing her to the vet as soon as I can afford it :( her name(s) are Sasha,
Softy-Bofty, and One-Eye-Willy...

she is a happy kitten otherwise :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try looking for a low cost vet clinic in your area. Your local SPCA or Humane Society may have a list on their web site. Not a spay / neuter clinic but a regular vet clinic for low income clients and the like.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LovingBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wrote my local vet asking if she knew any programs, but she might not reply until Monday :(

I originally thought it was an ulcer, but I’m not a vet. It’s looked very different in all it’s staged to be honest, it originally looked like an eye infection and I treated her for that, and then it cleared up and now looks like that.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It looks like the third eyelid swollen so much it can't retract normally. It could be from an eye infection or irritation from a foreign body in the eye. Even a bit of dirt or sand can cause that kind of irritation. One of my kitties had something similar and it did take eye drops from the vet to clear it up.

Can you at least call a vet and ask what OTC eye drops would be safe to use until you can get her to the vet for treatment?

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, the pink part in the corner is the third eye lid. I think they're talking about the large pink spot in the middle of the eye, which is an ulcer.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try a Google search for low cost vet clinics in your area.

Call your vet and listen to the after hours message. It will tell you who to call for urgent and emergency cases. Give that number a call and explain the cat's eye and what forms of financial help they may offer.