Kitten with Frosted Looking Fur?

jessicats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've hand reared my little lady Shannon from about two weeks old. She was handed into a police station after being found, assuming she was abandoned. Luckily she was a strong little one and never refused a feed. She's gone from strength to strength and is now my previous little baby. She's now 4 months old

She has a unusual sort of frosted sort of look to her fur. I was wondering if this is some sort of coat coloration/modifier and if she will keep it as she grows. She has grey inside her ears. And has the faintest hints of tabby on her legs and head.

And just because I can...here's a picture of when she first arrived. You can see the tabby markings on her legs and face here, they are a lot less obvious now as her leg fur has darkened a lot.

And having dinner after a week or so.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is Lady Shannon also silvery haired on face and head?   If so, I think its some sort of silver-tipping as  russian blue and korats have, but  looking somwhat different.  Perhaps because her outer hair layer is less dense.

If not, I wonder is she is some sort of a ticked tabby...

Anyways, a less common variation, on a lady who had become a real beauty with time.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessicats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has a little bit on her face, legs and under her chin. Heavily on the back of her ears. 

jessicats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Back of ears and near her ears on her face look more grey. Not like in the pictures.

jessicats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for another post (can't seem to find a way to edit)

Back of ears is a slightly darker grey than her legs on her tiny baby photo. Front of face and around her ears is similar but much darker. Frosting goes all over her back. Getting less as it reaches her head, where it goes into that very dark/almost black grey. Frosting runs down her tail too.