Kitten With Eye Discharge And Sneezing

mmin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've posted about this before, and i've brought my 3 month old kitten to the vet since then regarding this issue.

The vet prescribed him antibiotics and i've been giving it to him, (it's the 7th day and also the final day of the course of medicine today) but he's still sneezing and his eye discharge is still present :(

I've already brought him to the vet twice in 2 weeks and i have to bring him back again in 2 weeks time for his vaccine and the cost is getting a little too much so i don't think i can bring him back another time before the visit to the vet for his vaccine (in 2 weeks time) :(

Do offer some help!! :(

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe call the vet. He/She might be willing to just prescribe another antibiotic without you having to bring the cat in for a full visit. I would think the vet knows enough about the condition, having seen your cat so many times already, that he/she may simply suggest a different antibiotic that may work better. My vet does not charge me for recurring visits on the same illness, that is not getting resolved, only for extra tests that need to be performed that have not been done before.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had another thought. Perhaps your cat has rhinotracheitis? My cat caught this when he was a kitten, before we got the chance to bring him in for vaccination. His symptoms lasted for over a week, although the antibiotics did work for us (at least we think they did), it was an antibiotic that the vet injected that was supposedly good for 2 weeks. We then had to bring him in to get his shots after the two week period was over. I know this means a vet visit (to get the antibiotic shot) but your vet may not charge for the visit, just the antibiotic, considering the first attempt did not work.