Kitten with dry nose?

gvldcoins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is 3 months old and has a dry and slightly flaky nose, it looks as if there’s a layer of stuff on her nose and that her nose is originally pink underneath. She had watery eyes and eye discharge a few days ago as well but our vet prescribed eyedrops so that’s gotten better.

Everytime we try to apply her cream on her nose, she just licks it all off afterwards. Any ideas regarding the cause of her nose and how to treat this? The vet doesn’t think it’s ringworm as she has no lesions in her skin. Thank you!

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's most likely from her kitty cold, nasal discharge and her licking it off and will clear when her cold does. Sometimes it takes two or more weeks. I would recommend looking into DMG so her immune system is built up. I give it to all my cats. a 3 oz bottle lasts for months for three cats, so would be a lot longer for you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A TINY dab of olive oil will help the dryness. TINY. She'll lick it off, and too much will cause a bit of diarrhea (we recommend it to get things moving, as well). so just the teeniest drop.

Lucy&Petra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For some reason when cats get a "cold" it takes them a really long time to recover (i.e. it's not really a one or two day thing for them, like it is for us). How about applying a tiny drop of coconut oil - it's great for clearing up any dry skin.