Kitten with deformity

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After giving her the steam bath she is sitting on my lap purring. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think the drooling is because she's so clogged up that she's breathing through her mouth.

Glad the steam helped. Let us know how the vet visit goes. Sounds like she needs amoxicillin!

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Hope, Sassy and Sweet Pea are doing so much better now. They are running and playing. Hope got a shot of an antibiotic. I don't know which. Sassy and Sweet Pea got azythromicin. Sassy is taking hers in cheese and I can't get Sweet Pea to take hers and she is clearing up. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good to hear that they are all getting better! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wanted to stop in and update on Hope. She weighs four pounds and 13 ounces. The good news is she seems to be doing well and is still really loving. She got an X-ray and she does have the funnel chest. The vet called her an anomaly her heart is on the right side of her body. Because of that the vet won't spay her. They believe she wouldn't make it through the surgery.

Other than that she eats, drinks and plays like any other kitten. They all get along now and accept her even Lil Bit grooms her like she does Sweet Pea.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
God Bless her! She is appropriately named. Thank you for the update. I hope all is well with you. It's been almost 4 months since we've heard from you! Welcome back! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I LOVED reading your update!

What a precious girl, and must be growing out of her funneled chest, or who knows, maybe her heart is positioned where it is could have been a Godsend...... 

Not being able to be spayed is bad though too, she is too fragile to be having litters, not to mention how it will drive you crazy between the behavior, trying to escape, the males hanging around outside for a chance......... You'll be running the boys off! lol  .

She is lovely and precious :)

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IMG_1452.JPG
IMG_1455.JPG
Update on Hope!!!! She has been spayed. They did the surgery without a vent and she did fine. They want me to write a bio up on this special girl and maybe one day she can find a forever home.

Oh and she has a very strong maternal bond with a new foster. Faith was found and bottle fed and I got her about two weeks ago. She grooms her and they lay around together. Unbelievably the little kitten last foster named her Faith.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hope and Faith - how purr-fect!

Perhaps they can be adopted together! :)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to hear this great update!!

Hope,, what a great name! If her heart is on the opposite side of her chest, that is called situs inversitus. It could be that all her organs are located on the opposite side, or it could just be her heart.
I am just relating this to humans.

I am not a doctor, but I do not think this could impair her from being spayed. If there is a Veterinary hospital around, I would definitely take her there. They could do an ultrasound, in order to see if she could have surgery.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IMG_1475.JPG
IMG_1480.JPG
They did so the spay surgery on her. The vet just didn't want to because she was afraid she wouldn't make it. She decided to go ahead because a pregnancy and delivery would have killed her.

She is loving the mommy roll. She has been allowing another foster to nurse from her. I know she can't really produce milk but it's satisfying both of them now.

This is her with Ivory. Sad thing is Ivory is about 8 weeks old and not much smaller than her.