Kitten with bad eye.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have him scheduled for Friday. New Vet, I really hope they can help him. Hopefully we can afford it too..I got the prices for two of the tests, and I'm gonna be asking how much everything costs the whole way lol hopefully somehow we will manage.
Yes, the best news!

The dye test (in case it hasn't already been explained, I haven't read back through the past couple pages) is simple drops that will show any scratched areas and how deep if so.

It either changes color or glows, can't think now but making it very easy to show what's going on.

It's actually a good thing to ask about costs with every test/treatment, it tells them clearly you are not able to pay a big bill easily, so vets will tend to keep it to a minimum and only suggest what's really necessary.

Will be wondering what they find :)

jamiel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you tried triple antibiotic ointment - Neosporin?  I have had great success with it.  Around $3 at walmart or any drug store.  Just wipe over eye lid.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkally

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well our wallets are hurting but our babies are healthy! Little guy may have a bit of scarring but his eye is doing better and yes we have to keep him in the terramycin longer. But he is almost fully healed now.

Also they are negative for felv!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

So the dye test showed nothing wrong? His eyesight is fine?

catkisses4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My foster expectant mother has pus. How is your kitty? I hope u get help. Believe me I have been there. I know u r trying so hard to keep afloat. Stay positive

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkally

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They said no need for the test and to keep with terramycin. His eye has pretty much been the same since I went to the vet. Not quite all healed but not too bad either. Just the little bit of scar tissue on the side and his eye is still off color of the other one.

fluffbutt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been fostering some kittens. A few had some gunky eyes/infections. Went to vet, gave me teramycin all but one cleared within a day or two with no further problems. The one that did not clear up actually became hazy. Over the week of using th teramycin and amoxicillin as prescribed he has gotten worse. I took him back to the vet and he said his eye was badly damaged and to keep giving teramycin it really seems to continue to get worse. He has a cloudy spot in his eye and red tissue in bottom. Does he need a different kind of medicine? Is it keratitis? The vet just looked at them both times I took them in.and said same meds something just does not seem right. He says it might need to be removed or even if it gets better there will be scarring and blindness :(
Okay now..... Please help me bnp ophthalmic ointment vs erythromycin. Is there an important difference. A person with an office told me same thing. However I'm not seeing an improvement actually getting worse where before using bnp it cleared up in a day. How long should I wait before switching?

fluffbutt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay now..... Please help me bnp ophthalmic ointment vs ERYTHROMYCIN. Is there an important difference? Was told it was identical. However I'm not seeing an improvement actually getting worse where before using bnp it cleared up in a day. How long should I wait before switching?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
fluffbutt fluffbutt

I think you should use the medicine that is helping the most. And see your vet.

Last edited: