Kitten with a swollen leg

Balqees

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took in a pregnant stray, she had six babies and all of them and mom seem to be doing just fine. I noticed that one of the kittens has a swollen purple-ish / red-ish leg. To my knowledge he hasn't fallen or really even moved around enough yet to sustain any injury like that. He seems to crawl around fine, just like his brothers and sisters. I don't know if maybe something could've happened at birth or what it could be. The kittens will be 2 weeks tomorrow, I haven't taken them to vet and I'm not sure how that works with him being so young. Can he really be separated from his mom long enough to go even? Has anyone seen something like this before. He doesn't seem to be in pain and he acts perfectly normal. I would appreciate any input

It coz of his or her mom. 💔
Screenshot_20200827_123454.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, you can take the kitten in a box to the vet. An hour or so away will be okay. Put a sock filled with dry rice and microwaved for 5 minutes under the towel in the box or carrier to keep the kitten warm. The kitten should be seen, so please make an appointment.
B Balqees