Kitten who can't move

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does anyone else think this kitten looks a bit like an adorable little hooty owl?  There's something about that face!  This is one of those stories that just makes me get the warm fuzzies.  It is a testimony of what love, determination and hard work can accomplish! 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's so beautiful. It's amazing. Is PT physical training? Is he a good boy when he has his treatment?

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been on this thread in a while, and all I have to say is WOW!!!

This is great news.  I'm so happy Reeves is moving and loving life.  He's certainly a cutie pie.  I love, love, love orange kitties.

I'm very happy for you and wish you great success with this journey. Enjoy every minute. 

Love, Patience and Hard Work paid off.  A round of applause for you, well deserved.

jmarkitell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A while back someone asked a question regarding an injured kitten who was mostly paralyzed after an animal attack. Here is the gist of the conversation, and I got the impression that the vet would rather put the kitten to sleep instead of all the time and effort it would take to nurse the kitten back to health...if it even could be done! Here is part of the conversation:
I'm so conflicted because when he purrs I'm not sure if it's out of pain or happpiness. The vet said he wasn't in pain but he growls when I move him sometimes and it seems like he is. He can't use anything but one front let and move his head. He can't use the bathroom and I'm expressing his bladder for him. I know the vet wants me to decide what to do and I'm so conflicted. I don't want to prolong his sufferingand I know if he isn't better his quality of life would be bad, but if there's a chanice I don't want to give up on him either. He has so many people rooting for him and donating to his care. 
 If this sounds familiar, it is because this was our first introduction to little Reeves...I'm not sure he was even named at this point! I posted this because I want everyone to know how much time, effort, and LOVE that Jennyrosalie has given this brave little kitten, and the results of all of the efforts! :)  A LOT of people would say that they would have done the same thing, but when push comes to shove it is a very difficult and potentially expensive undertaking. I don't know why this little tale of Reeve's and his caregivers causes such a reaction in me...it kind of restores my previously failing faith in mankind. Plus...I LOVE Orange cats!! :)

Keep up the good work and keep us in the loop. Reading about Reeves always puts a smile on my face!

Jim 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I'm not at all sure I would have made the same decision Jennyrosalie did.  When I read the beginning of the thread I was convinced this kitten was doomed; it truly didn't seem possible that he could possibly have a happy life.  I believe I would have opted for euthanasia as the kindest thing I could do.  I'm glad Reeves came to Jennyrosalie instead of me.  She made the right decision, where I would not have.

So, how is Reeves doing today?  More pictures!

Margret

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's been too long!  Where is our boy and his remarkable mom?  I know she is busy, but we worry!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyrosalie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Reeves is doing amazing! He is walking and climbing and super playful. He loves to cuddle and is a love bug! He is still wobbly and sometimes drags his legs but for the most part he is recovered! He does have issues getting to a litter box and sometimes can't control when he potties so we are looking into getting diapers.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update. He's so young that perhaps getting the use of his back lets will help strengthen everything.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
OH that sweet baby! Love him [emoji]128525[/emoji]
He's a happy boy [emoji]128149[/emoji]