Kitten Wet With Pee

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fostering a 5-month old kitten that I found a month ago.
He was nearly dead, long time starving, severely dehydrated, with a possible head trauma that made him temporarily blind and unable to walk.
According to the vet, he was very likely the victim of an abandonment by somebody who was in hurry before going on holiday.

After some days at the clinic, he started standing and eating on his own, and came home with me. A week later he started seeing again, with his left eye first, with both eyes a few days later.

Now he's one of the most loving cats I have ever seen.

I haven't dealt with a male kitten/cat for a very long time, so my question is:

How is it normal that after peeing, his... willy... stays wet?
If I take him in my arms shortly after he has peed, I can feel wet in that low part of his body.

And if it isn't normal, what could the causes be? Could it be related to his past trauma?

Thanks!

Jerry window.jpg

SiameseMummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My adult male cat is wet if you pick him up just after he has been to the pan. We have learnt to wait until he cleans himself before picking him up!

I'm not aware of this being a symptom of anything but you could ring your vet and ask him if you're concerned.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
If laying all health issues aside, it should be normal because when he lots, the litter cannot absorb the pee in time and so the pee level rises up and therefore his willy wet.

Same as me boy, he pees lots at times and when he walked out of the litter box, drops of pee is found on the mat and sometimes just before he walks out and if I manage to catch him in time, I'll dab his bottom with tissue and the tissue is wet.

BTW, he's a handsome chap! :redheartpump::hearthrob:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know, i might mention it to my vet, as he had the health issues, just to see what he says. It may be normal, or a kitten thing, not sure.

I have two males, the short hair male i never feel wet with him, or see any indication of wet even right out of the litter box. . My long hair male i do, if he has peed on his fur :(

He is a pretty little boy. :heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is it normal that after peeing, his... willy... stays wet?
If I take him in my arms shortly after he has peed, I can feel wet in that low part of his body.
Antonio, is he getting enough canned food every day? My boy cat Demi has dripping pee problems if he eats too much dry food, so I just thought I'd mention it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio, is he getting enough canned food every day? My boy cat Demi has dripping pee problems if he eats too much dry food, so I just thought I'd mention it.
He loves wet food, that I add with lots of fresh water, so he drinks fine.
He eats dry food at night.