Kitten weight

moe1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 8month old kitten only weighs 6ibs is this ok ? I am slightly worried that she dosnt eat enough we changed her food from whiskers to butchers because she would only suck the jelly off whiskers food , she gets biscutes which she grazes at thought the day , we have tried everything we mash it up for her she dose pick at it but she dosnt eat it all like our other cat ( she is Bengal breed

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Every cat is different.  I've got 3.  One weighs 14 lbs, one weighs 9.5 lbs, and one weighs 5 lbs.  All are adults.  Granted, the one that weighs 5 lbs is underweight because she has kidney disease, but this still shows the kind of disparity in cat weights.   And females naturally weigh less than males. 

Does she seem hungry?  That should be your guide.  When you pet her, is she bony...can you feel her spine easily (you don't want to be able to do that)

Your Vet should be able to tell you how much she should weigh.  If you want her to eat wet food, just keep trying different foods until you find something she will eat (besides the jelly
).  I tried literally hundreds of different canned foods before finding something my three would eat) 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moe1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
there is always food In both her bowl and my other cats bowl I even have a spare "no mans bowl" as I call it with biscutes in she seems to eat at that more than her own but still it's only picking at it then walking away , I carnt decide weather she's just an awquard cat or only eats a few mouth fulls at different points in the day then walks away , you carnt see her spine and ribs but there isn't much covering them , I'm going to purchase some new biscutes today cause she seems to prefer them over wet food I'll still give her both though , then If things don't get better I'll book her in at vets