Kitten update

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we decided to stick with Elle. I didn't like it at first, but, it's grown on me.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I know just what you mean! I don't really like the name I gave our little runt, Dumpling, but it just sort of sticks.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got back from the vet. Elle still holds her head sideways, but can walk, and nurse on her own. The vet doesn't know what it is, and said to just keep doing what we're doing. Since she really doesn't know what's going on, I want to get a second opinion.
She does, however, know that since her eyes are so deep and bright blue, they will NOT change. She is most likely deaf, because of this, and my suspicions, and the chances are she is... but that's okay. I still love her to death!

Cassie

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she holds her head funny if she is deaf?

Interestingly, one of my white kittens shows signs of being odd-eyed. His left eye is staying blue and the right is sort of "graying" out to a greenish color.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Maybe she holds her head funny if she is deaf?

Interestingly, one of my white kittens shows signs of being odd-eyed. His left eye is staying blue and the right is sort of "graying" out to a greenish color.
I'll look green... then it'll turn orange. Odd enough... white kitties either have orange eyes or blue eyes, or a combination of both. If they are blue eyed, chances are they're deaf. If they are orange eyed, they'll be normal. If they are odd eyed, chances are that the side their blue eye is on, they will be deaf on that side too. However, whether blue eyed or odd eyed, if they have a dark mark on their head when they are kittens, they will not be afflicted by the deafness. CJ had a dark mark, so she was not afflicted.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how cool! All 3 of my white kitties have a dark mark on their head. Oh, duh, you can tell that from my signature!

When I met my husband, he had a long-haired white odd-eyed cat. So I've been saying that if one of the white ones has odd eyes we might have to keep it. But I think 4 cats might be too much.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elle is doing good. Just got back from the vet a few minutes ago. She has a Vestibular Disease. Since she was born with it, the vet said that the prognosis her getting over it is low. But, since there is a chance that it's an infection, which is what it is a lot, he gave her some anti-biotic and vitamins to see if she gets over it. He said it's like she's on a constant boat in the rough seas moving back and forth, because vestibular disease effects the balance. He said he normally gives a sedative, which is a mixture of Vallum and another sedative, but since she's so small, there isn't a small enough dose. He said that the way it looks to her, like when she eats or drinks, it looks like her dish is going back and forth, and that's what the sedative is for. But he's going to see how she does without it first.

Thanks for your concern!

Cassie

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor little thing. I hope she feels better. If I was feeling like that I'd be throwing up all the time!

crazykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow i didnt know you have been going through all that cassie i hope everyone is going to be good

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, so far, she's only had two doses of antibiotics and vitamins, and this morning we already saw a slight difference!
Hopefully, it is an infecting that these antibiotics will clear up! Keep on praying that it is!

Thanks!
Cassie

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ELLE ATE FOOD TODAY! YAY! She wouldn't eat canned food but she ate kitten food! YAY! Still waiting on Mirah. But boy, did Elle PIG OUT!!!

Also, Billy got to meet his kids today! YAY!