Kitten uninterested in food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unless I'm missing something, everything you've just described indicates that it really would be best to have her checked by a veterinarian.
Called them and they dont have any open appointments until april but they said that on monday they can possibly fit us in early in the morning for a brief checkup. She’s just fine otherwise, playing and drinking plenty. The only thing different about her is that she doesn’t want her dinner and has vomited some.

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's great news!
Today Honey didn't eat breakfast but she had some dinner!! We bought new food and she took to a can of wet food pretty good, she didn’t eat too much but she ate and thats what matters because she hasn’t eaten dinner in a few days. Crossing my fingers she keeps it down 🤞

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You're awesome!
well honey ate her snack nicely buuuut then she threw up 🥲 she scarfed it down pretty quick so hopefully she just got ahead of herself and will feel better soon, i’ll try offering more bland food like eggs, yogurt, plain chicken ect. and ill slowly mix in bits of the new food to see if that helps. normally you would use the old food to slowly adjust them to the new food buut we didnt have any of the old food so that didnt work out. Skunk also ate up his dinner and then threw up too. Im just gonna let their tummy’s rest for the rest of the day now and make sure they drink water. atleast we know they like the new food… 😅

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far so good today, they both ate a small breakfast and have kept it down so far, hopefully dinner treats them well too.

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They both ate their snack and haven’t thrown up at all today!! do you still think it’s advisable to take honey to the vet in the morning? if they can still fit her in. They said to call at 8 to see if she can get in, and i’m a little concerned that the stress may cause her to throw up breakfast, they usually eat breakfast around 6 or 7. If i take her to the vet should i wait on breakfast?

raptordeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vet cannot take her today but at this point I dont think it’s necessary for her to go in. She ate her breakfast very good and was begging for more because she got a small portion. Shes very upset that we are taking it slowly 😂 I just dont want to rush her and have her throw up again. She keeps following everyone around and meowing for food. it’s really nice to see her spring back up like this, appetite and personality coming back in full swing. Seems like she will be just fine. Skunk is doing good too but i wasn’t as worried about him since he only threw up once. Thank you everyone for all the advice but i think the problems come to an end here!!