Kitten under a week old!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you still feeding KMR or the "kitten glop" ? KMR is made with nonfat milk (a profitability issue) so my vet recommends either a goat milk or diluted whole evap milk base. the kitten glop recipe adds whole yogurt and/or acidophilus capsule as well as gelatin. the glop didn't cause any diarrhea with my kits (alto I lost my last batch - it should be noted that they were very cold during their first few hours of life, not even licked clean
)
Anyway, mega prayers and vibes going out to Valentin from California

Bless you and your son for rescuing him

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
baby kitty has loose poo and a very swollen anus..i put a little hemmoriod med on it..(read in a post) , what is this Albon? and Should i be doing th epedialyte every feeding or every other. Also she is eating like she is starving..wants to every 2 hours but I am trying to hold her off.. I am so scared to take her to the vet...he will say "put her down...what do you think u r Mother theresa!! I know vet is old fashioned..trying to find another one at the moment.. Oh what is this kitten glop??? ingrediants please. Baby opened her eyes last night...ssosooo cute!!!!! UPDATE: well as the afternoon progressed she seems to have more and more blood by her rectum. She is very uncomfortable. Since I already know what ,my vet would say..we rushed her to my sons vet...that takes care of the city animals. He said she is very strong and has a good case of road rash. To much friction..I feel so bad i tried to be as gentle as I could. Also he is not concerned about her loose poo, they usually do at this age and as long as she is gaining weight, remains as feisty as she is and keeps eating, were in good shape..he gave me a cream to clear up her "lil bootie". she is urinating and pooing on her own..he could smell it on her blanket she sleeps with ( i just washed it).

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the kitty was doing so well, now she is laying here, i am praying for her to pass over the rainbow bridge..all of a sudden she got weak and lethargic.her 8 pm feeding was fine and then her 11 pm feeding she seemed weak, its 2 am and she is almost gone. i think its that kitten fade syndrome... she went downhill so fast. ifeel like i failed her in some way. iam devastated.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my..... I can only hope that she pulled through, you have given her everything you can to help her live.......

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Baby Kitty crossed over the Rainbow Bridge at 2:50 am.. She was held , kissed and loved until her last breath. RIP Baby Kitty...mama gonna miss you....

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little baby girl, you did everything possible and she passed peacefully, loved, and always remembered......

Status
Not open for further replies.