Kitten Trouble

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, It's very sad that you had to let the little girl go, but it sounds as if it was for the best.

I hope you see more improvement in the other kitten's behaviour from now on.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww bless your heart... that was some eye opener for me as I cannot imagine trying to deal with how rambunctious those 2 were where you couldn't even "live" comfortably in your own home! I'm so sorry! But with everything you tried, I believe the dynamic duo would have made your life live in total chaos and it wouldn't have been good for them either! Your lil girl will find the perfect place that can meet her needs. And in the meantime...I'm so thankful your lil boy has made healthy strides.... good for you for what you have done to make his life more stable. I'm so sorry about the emotions you must be feeling... yes it would compare to grieving for a loss, but in your case... your good judgement and wisdom will provide a "better" life for both of the furbabies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmycat6204

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for responding :)  Now I can give exclusive care to the male kitten. I am starting him back on his diet of Natures Variety Instinct Limited Diet Duck this morning.  Now all rooms in my home are fully accessible to him, he is sleeping with me and loves bringing his toys into the bathroom to play on the floor.  I keep The Bolt (upright lazer toy) going all the time for him, since my living room has very little furniture in it now, he can race to chase that and is getting lots of exercise.  Last night he had alot of difficulty settling down, so will be engaging him in play an hour before bedtime.  So, now have to find ways to channel his high destructive energy into constructive energy. 

MnM ~  Yes, it was chaos in here 24/7 and looking around my office, I could never get any paperwork done. And it's calm around here now, so I can think straight, LOL.  Yes, the rescue person is going to look for a home where she is the only cat and a one person household I just have to believe her next chapter in life will be her forever home.  I pray that she is able to find a home with her congenital deformity. 

Norachan ~  Very sad in deed, have been upset last three days, just sitting in my recliner and doing nothing, lots of tears.  There were moments when she was still at the vets waiting for the rescue person to come and pick her up, that I wanted to race up there and bring her home here.  Emotionally, the pain of separation was too much to cope with however better sense prevailed as I knew I would be bringing her back home to a situation that would not be healthy for them both with their personalities.  There were endearing traits I have never seen in a cat before, she had these huge eyes, there were very expressive.  When I went to caress her head, she would dip her head down and close her eyes in expression of love. She was always doing this to me even when I wasn't caressing her. 

MunchNNoodles ~  The rescue person and my vet were good at helping me make a decision about them.  They encouraged me to put my feelings aside and do what was best for them both.  This rescue group was awesome and never judged me, always there to help. 

I'm soo lucky to have found this group.  Thanks to all of you who have helped me find my way.

Debbie

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Good plan with the hour before bed time.  Hoping all goes well with settling your boy with more direct play sessions that you can try to time so he is tired when you want him to be.  

Will look out for updates on how things go with him.

luvmycat6204

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
New behaviors with Rocky ~ Last night and so far most of today, Rocky has been yowling loudly constantly at the walls and ceiling.  I can't settle him down.  I know he's missing his litter mate since I rehomed her two days ago, could this be a grief reaction or something else?

Debbie

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Could be :( Mikki has done the same since Minnie has been gone the past 2 weeks....but...it's getting less and less and she's definitely going back to doing her "normal" things more and more. Hang in there.

luvmycat6204

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss MnM (( hugs )).  I was wondering if this was just a grief response to his litter mate being rehomed and he can't find her. 

Debbie

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thank you

definitely prolly misses his lil partner in crime[emoji]128522[/emoji]