Kitten time!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh.....my.............goodness!!!!! look at those little fluffballs!!
that tabby (w/o white) looks to be full of personality!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
yesterday we only saw tongue and eyes of the black one, and today...we see that adorable all black one!!! And the one with the white eyeliner is too previous for words. Oh, be still my heart, I want all three of them

So...how did the introductions go? It looked like a couple of the adults were pretty casual, but it's hard to tell in pictures...one minutes things can look calm, then the next minute, who knows?

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I didn't want the pictures to end!! That black one looks JUST like a little bear cub!! Aww, I want a little fluff ball!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsgreenjeens

So...how did the introductions go? It looked like a couple of the adults were pretty casual, but it's hard to tell in pictures...one minutes things can look calm, then the next minute, who knows?
It couldn't have gone any better. My two older "kittens", Oliver and Louie, were the most curious; being the most social of my bunch, not too surprising. Rossi, Sasha, Tiko, and Prissi all made appearances, with the expected hisses from Prissi and ambulance sirens from Sasha (although they both stuck around to watch them play!)

Everyone was on their best behavior. So proud of all of them! I don't know what got into me to make me take these little guys in, but I'm sure glad I did.

Oh, and...the two fuzzies are boys. The lighter, shorter-haired one is a girl. She seems to be the ringleader - was the first to climb the walls of the pen and escape, necessitating the plywood roof.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, Keycube!! Where is the extra heavy duty cuteness warning????

They are adorable!!! The pic of the little tabby with it paws on your arm looking up at you is worth a million bucks!

If you change your mind about them I know they would get adopted in a nano-second!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

If you change your mind about them I know they would get adopted in a nano-second!!!
I really don't know what to do. It all amounts to me not trusting anyone enough to give them up.
I refuse to split them up, at least this early, and if I relinquish control of them...I just don't know if I could sleep at night.

Do I need 10 cats in my 2-bedroom apartment? No. But I don't know what the humane alternative is.

I have a friend that has dibs on the long-haired tiger, and she's a great meowmy, but giving him up is still something I will have to assess in a month's time or so, when I see how all of their individual relationships are progressing.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so thankful for the people who fostered my cats and then gave them up to forever homes. I wouldn't have my little Fiona or crazy ReeRee if people didn't trust others to be good pet owners. Just think about it. Just because you don't trust people doesn't mean people are not trustworthy...you wonder whats the most humane thing to do but it sounds more like you are worried about how you'll feel vs. whats best for your group as a whole.

I am just thinking it would be great if you could keep some room open for maybe more fosters or a stray who is really in dire need vs. keeping 3 adoptable kittens. Be honest, after these 3 (if you keep them) would you have room for a cat who was in really desperate need of a good home?? I can't imagine you turning it away either....where would it end? 15 cats, 20?? Just some things to think about....

I think its awesome you have such a big heart for them but sometimes we need to step back and really think what this means long term....cats get old and sick eventually and can you handle 10 huge vet bills? I'm just bringing all this up to help so I hope you won't take offense. Take it or leave it, it's just my opinion.