Kitten terrorizing others

lovecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My new male kitten is almost 12 weeks, we got him when he was 6 wks from my uncle's outdoor cat. I have a male 16 yrs, a female, 16 yrs, and a female 3 yrs.

The kitten is constantly jumping on the male cat. No matter how much Boris hisses, growls, swats the kitten won't let him be. The female cats just have to hiss and the kitten leaves them alone.

It hasn't helped that Boris caught the coccidia the kitten had and has been unwell. I don't know if that is why the kitten attacks him or if it is because he is a male.

I don't know what to do, I tried to let them work it out, I have tried putting the kitten in another room when he attacks and won't stop. I can't leave them all out when I leave the house for fear that he will harass my older cat.

Any suggestions?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's just being a kitten. But yes, he will want to figure out his role in the household pretty soon. Is he neutered yet or scheduled to be soon?

Make sure all the cats can get away from the kitten when they need to and you're going to have to entertain the kitten yourself. Tire him out with play.

He's still fairly new, so give it time. Hopefully the others will eventually engage him in some games - or at least your youngest cat might.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He isnt neutered yet, but I am figuring it will be this summer/fall when he is 3 months.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will keep waiting it out. Hopefully one of the cats with make up with him and play because I am getting tired of being the only playmate all day long