Kitten Takes Poo Out Of His Litter Box

Tibby123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 9 month boy kitten and he is litter trained. He has been using his litter normally since I have had him but in the last three months he has, five times, taken his poo out of the litter box and smeared it across the floor and then left. I thought he may have accidentally stuck on his foot or something but it clearly has been played with. Does anyone have any advice on why this is happening and what I can do?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does he have long fur it might have stuck to? Or could he be slightly constipated, and dragged his butt across the floor to help get the poop to "release" ?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Does he have long fur it might have stuck to? Or could he be slightly constipated, and dragged his butt across the floor to help get the poop to "release" ?
Two long-haired cats here. A common enough occurrence in our household that I now carefully trim their beautiful pantaloons. Of course, that doesn’t help when the poop emerges except for the long trailing hair holding it in place! Butt Events, we call them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tibby123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is short haired. I'm not sure if he would be constipated as I haven't witnessed him actually doing it, however I don't think that is the case because he still doesn't the same amount at the same time as normal