Kitten Still Not Eating...

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted previously but not sure where my post is, but I've put her on different flavors of wet cat food and she's still not eating. I refuse to put her on dry food, knowing how it's made.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long has she not eaten for? It is extremely important that a kitten eat as much as she wants so you might have to just give the dry.

hell_storm2004

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you talked to vet about this? Is she eating nothing at all or just a little bit?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a little bit. And it's been a few weeks that she's barely eaten. But, she's eating something cuz there's lots of poop in her litter boxes. She likes going upstairs and the lady up there has a cat, but she hardly feeds that cat and the food bowl is always empty when I go up there, but when I don't let her go up there, she eats more of her food down here.......

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend just told me earlier this evening that he's seen her eat the cheap crap upstairs. Guess I have to ban her from going up there, even though I don't want to do that to her

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe only let her go upstairs after she finishes her breakfast? What brands of wet food are you feeding?

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thing is, she'll still eat the kibble upstairs, no matter how much she eats down here. Cats are addicted to the crappy stuff, just like we're addicted to processed foods.

I forget the name of the stuff I had her on for the first couple of months, but when someone mentioned she might be bored of her wet food, i bought some friskies wet food. Very cheap at Costco.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many hours is she up there a day? Maybe have her eat her breakfast and then let her up there for a certain amount of time, then she has to come back down and eat her other wet food dinner.

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's up there most of the day. 8-12 hours. I can give that a try, but she also only eats when she feels like it, and not when I try to feed her. Usually I just prepare her bowl and let her eat at her leisure and at the end of the day, throw out any leftovers. And, if she does eat everything in the bowl before bedtime, I refill.