Kitten Spaying Arrrgghhh

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kathryn normally in the UK, all being well we take them home the same day.

Sophie was back home after about 5 hours because she was up on her feet, wide awake and letting everyone know it!!

kathryn41

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Kathryn normally in the UK, all being well we take them home the same day.

Sophie was back home after about 5 hours because she was up on her feet, wide awake and letting everyone know it!!
Well, I must say I like this a lot better:-). Our vet wanted both Abbie and Freija to be at the clinic the night before surgery as well as keep them overnight the day of surgery. I said no, they would stay one night only and would bring them in the morning of their surgery, which is what I did. As it was, Abbie did have a reaction to the anaesthetic during the surgery and ended up going home that night with the vet so she could keep her under 24 hour supervision - her liver began to bleed spontaneously as a reaction to the ketamine anaesthetic - but Freija was absolutely fine and she could have come home if the vet had allowed. When I visited her after the surgery she was still pretty groggy though and even the next day after she came home she was very quiet.

Kathryn

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They normally give you a list of do's and dont's, and what to watch our for, but most vets give you an emergency number should you be worried about anything like i was when Rosie was a bit under the weather after her jabs.

I don't know if like humans they think they will recover better in their own environment that this is why they don't keep them in.

Thats another question i'll be asking the vet when i take Sophie for a check up in a couple of weeks!

kathryn41

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi Jules,

Was just curious about how your two little ones are doing today. I hope Smudge is recovering just fine now and that you three are all happily back at home, enjoying each other's company.

Kathryn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jules35

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey,

Sorry I havn't posted sooner, been kitten sitting & bailing us out of snow
The came home last night and were as hyper as ever. They are both very well. There wounds look fine, clean had a little bit of blood last night but nothing terrible ( i think it might of been dry ) they slept well and woke us at the crack of dawn ( as usual ) scratching. I must admit I had a big grin on my face when they started scratching - usually I would hide under the duvet.
Smudge is sat next to me now fast asleep and Trouble is behind the couch by the radiator, she loves it there !!

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support

Here's to getting the stiches out

Jules

PS - Have they got stitches underneath the stitches, if you know what I mean, its just they only appear to have 3 stitches

petnurse2265

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
there are actually 3 layers of stitches one closing the abdominal wall, another closing the muscle layer, and then the ones you see the skin sutures.