kitten sleeping in my bed safe or not?

cuddly calico

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm being told my multiple people to cage my little Kyo at night instead of allowing him to sleep with me. I don't roll in my sleep. He generally crawls up onto my chest or in my armpit. It's alright isn't it?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think there is some risk with kyo sleeping with you at his age. do you sleep deeply/soundly? you said you don't roll in your sleep, but do you move around much? when you're sleeping, do you find that you're pretty aware of where kyo is in the bed?

i'm more of a light sleeper usually, though there are nights that i'm out like a light. i would feel comfortable having a kitten that age sleep in bed with me, though i would make sure to be well rested so i wouldn't be out like a light and able to sleep light so i'd be aware of where the kitten is in the bed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cuddly calico

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't move much either. When I'm out, I'm out. But he easily wakes me up with claws. And teeth.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just happened to notice that you are the same person who was asking about introducing Kyo to your dogs, in another post, and the one dog Daisy who nipped the kitten and needs some basic obedience training before more introductions..  Therefore, I would add that if Kyo is sleeping with you, it is very important that Daisy cannot get into the room.  The door needs to close securely, and if you are likely to get up and use the bathroom in the middle of the night, you may want to also have a baby gate at the door to (1) keep Daisy out, and (2) remind you that the door needs to be shut.

cuddly calico

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The great thing about that is my room has a door that opens into the bathroom. And my door is definitely ALWAYS closed.

cuddly calico

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Queen sized. He has plenty of room. :)

cuddly calico

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great! I don't have a choice anyways. He's already claimed it. He just lets me sleep there.

nayeli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks heaps for posting this question as it saves me asking

the same thing.  I really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Kind Regards to you.