KITTEN PEEING BLOOD HELP!!!

RosyR1989

MommaCat
Kitten
Purraise
Have a female kitten stray maybe around 9 -10 weeks old that recently showed up at my house. We have been feeding and caring for her for 3 days now . She left outside but came back in this morning and has been peeing blood !! I dont know if ahe got raped?? Or what to do help!! Shes a stray kitty and dont have any funds .

Landon&Lucasmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats don't get raped. She may have UTI or some sort of infection. she needs to see a Vet, its the only way to get a proper diagnosis and the treatment she needs.

nwc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At first I thought it was a joke post lol
Same, sort of. I thought OP was invoking a neighborhood cat rapist. But I looked it up, and sometimes rape can cause infection that results in bloody urine. So their question sort of makes sense.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats do get raped, by human standards. Tomcats aren't big on consent.

But anyway. That's probably not what happened here. A bladder infection is much more likely, or, sadly, injuries causing internal bleeding. She does need to see a vet, as soon as possible. If that's not possible financially, it may be necessary to surrender her to a shelter or rescue so they can help her.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats do get raped, by human standards.
I would disagree with this, actually. It's darn near impossible for a tomcat to actually breed a female who is not receptive. With an unreceptive female, he may be able to grab her neck and "hump" her (if she doesn't beat him up first!) but as far as actual mating, the female needs to assume the lordosis posture, which she'll generally only do if she's in season.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah well, it doesn't look too consensual ;). Most of the time anyway, with all the fighting and such. I assumed them getting into position was just instinct.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Females in season are generally extremely motivated to seek out males and mate with them. Whether you consider female cats actively seeking out mates to be "consenting," or whether you consider cat behavior to be "just instinct," is all in your perspective. It doesn't look exactly the same as human sexual behavior, but cats are different from humans.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you just need help no matter what the cause. If you can google financial help with vet care you may be able to secure some funds to help. Call the vets near you too and explain that you just saw this kitten bleeding and you would like to save her life but need help. Ask,” Can you help us?” Some will do what they can. Explain that you will bring her into your home if they can help you save her. Some Himane Societies offer vet help and some rescue groups do as well. Call everyone! Please do get her help as kidney and bladder problems can become serious. Thank you so much for caring and for noticing her problem. Please post back and let us know how she does or if you have further questions.
I’m glad you came to the site for help. Welcome! :welcomesign:Bravo for noticing the little one and wanting to help.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Please get her to a vet as soon as possible- time might not be on her side here.

I would google and see if there are any sliding scale veterinarian clinics in your area. Is there a vet who has seen your pets before and knows that you will pay him/her when you can? Is there any way that you can call that vet and see if you can get some antibiotics?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hello!

Maybe there's something here; (apologies for any dead links);