Kitten Only Likes To Be Around Me When Sleeping Or Wanting Food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crossbones3129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's recently gotten evil looking. A lot of the times he'll hide under a table or creep by a wall witch his back hunched and ears back and jump towards me and sometimes bite me. I closed the door in the bathroom and tried to go pet him in a corner and he started jumping on the whiles growling and doing that same stance I described. He still sleeps with me and cuddles up to me when he's hungry but it scares me that he thinks Im gonna hurt him or something.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He sounds like a little ball of energy! It might take a while but he'll come around once you find out why he's being so defensive, some animals just have trust issues with people. They come with so many different personalities just like people, sometimes they act out and we don't know why right away. I'd try and only pet him or cuddle him on his terms and see how it goes. My cat Rin is cuddled up next to me right now but if I picked her up she'd throw a fit. She is just a really picky little cat who does what she wants when she wants.

I'd just keep working with him, he sounds like a cutie but just a little high strung. His personality will change as he ages and gets more comfortable. How does he act when he goes to the vet or if he's is around new people?

If he thought you were going to hurt him he wouldn't be sleeping with you. You are lucky that he does sleep with you, a lot of cats just kind of go off and sleep where ever! I think he trusts you but he's just a little mischief maker! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crossbones3129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive never brought him to the vet yet! Around my parents he acts the same. He cuddles up when hes tired but other then that he'll bite fingers and attack your legs. When he's hungry he'll cry and rub all over your legs and follow you when you walk but he'll bite your legs if you're taking to long. Why does he do this?

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would go get his nails trimmed by a vet, usually it only costs a few dollars. That's a good start until you can help him calm down. I'd make sure you find a gentle vet, maybe one that deals in cats only. They should not charge an appointment fee just to trim nails. For sure make sure your vet is gentle with him so he doesn't get more freaked out.

I'm looking for links on cat behavior but other than personal experience I'm no pro.