Kitten not using back legs

Seleshe23

Cat Lover
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone my little kittens are 6weeks old and They are doing fine except one she’s not using her back legs anymore. She’s dragging them . I try to stand her up but she falls down. She has lite meow like she’s in pain and she’s breathing heavily. She still trying to walk but she can’t. I touch her hips bone she meow. I’m nervous. I can’t take her until in the morning. She’s in pain . I put her on a therapeutic bed . But she still gets up. She not available to use them . I thank god her mom still here ❤❤

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seleshe23

Cat Lover
Kitten
Purraise
I don’t have money and I know they going to charge me . I can take of her with money , if go and don’t have money they want help her

stanleysworld

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
are there any walk in clinics in your area?

can you get her into a carrier where she cant move around?

Seleshe23

Cat Lover
Kitten
Purraise
There are walk in clinics but the lady said I would have other fees if something is wrong. I won’t have the money until tomorrow. I’m watching her every minute. I noticed it this morning when she playing with her siblings and she couldn’t keep up but she is tired but keeps going. Her mom feed her through her breast milk and she tends her as well .

stanleysworld

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
any idea if the kitten hurt herself? fell off or out of something tall? got stepped on by dog or human?

Seleshe23

Cat Lover
Kitten
Purraise
That’s what I was thinking because she was walking. My daughter think her legs dislocated. Because of her hip joints. Ugh 😩. If a vet open at 1am I’ll take her . Until then I’m watching her . Thanks soooo much for responding because I’m about to lose it. I love animals I don’t like seeing them in pain believe me. I help deliver them.

Attachments

stanleysworld

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would put her in a small carrier to prevent her from moving on it anymore.
see if you can make an appointment for early tomorrow morning.

Seleshe23

Cat Lover
Kitten
Purraise
ok thank you I will ❤ I’m talking to vet now trying to get some relief

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
She has to see a vet, as you have said. Given the few hours difference between now and when you will receive your paycheck, see what you can do to get her into a vet. The article below has some assistance listed by state, along with a few suggestions. She is young and tiny and not as able to withstand this as an older animal might be. Keep checking for other signs of distress which would indicate that you need help asap.

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles