Kitten not peeing in litter box

diva cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had my kitten for about 3 days now and she is litter trained. She uses the litter box and everything. But I noticed today that instead she went and peed by the door of her base camp twice. I notice that she cries very loudly and then goes. I do not know why she all of a sudden stopped using her box.
Any ideas and suggestions?

magderb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like a UTI. Very painful, that would explain the crying. I would take her to the vet, they can give her medicine to make her feel better! It would be like you having a bladder or yeast infection, constantly feeling like you have to go and nothing but pain when it does happen. Poor baby, take her to her doctor.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, please take her to the vet.

Let us know how you go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diva cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took her to the vet today though. Wouldn't they have caught it if something was wrong? They drew blood and a poo test. It was her first visit so they checked a lot. My other cat had a UTI before.

magderb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you bring up the crying then peeing to your vet? Or did this happen after the vet? If after, or you didn't mention it, I'd take her back.  Sounds like kitten is going through a lot of change/stress... here's a thread about stress induced UTI's: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/34637/uti-caused-by-stress-anxiety

P.S.

My kitten feels the need to type something, I hope you don't mind but I really can't push her off the keyboard any longer:  

ppxdxxxxxsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdeeeeeeeeeIKKLL;;;'''''''''''''

;L0KO[[AD44E4T 

SS                 01020

From Serendipity...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diva cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It just happened this evening. I'll bring her back. I'll read the article. Your kitty is adorable!