Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
T tonyl

She sounds like a very ill kitten, unfortunately. The diarrhea and vomiting sound like she may have either giardia or coccidia, both of which are parasites that can make kittens very ill and additionally, cause death if not treated.

I suggest you ask for antibiotics ASAP, as well as sub-q fluids for hydration, to see if you can save her, if it's not already too late.

This is not a feeding issue. She has an underlying infectious condition.

Please get her to a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tonyl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just got back from seeing another vet. Decided the best course of action was to put her down after talking to the vet.
She had no parasites. Couldn't give an answer why Sioux was so uninterested in eating, she did an ultrasound and stated she may have FIP - she did an ultrasound and explained the complications in diagnosing it. She also said Sioux had a grade 3 heart murmur.

Thank you all for your help

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear that! I still believe that kitten was lucky! She had your love, care, kindness and someone to grieve her. She will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge! [emoji]128062[/emoji]

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you took her to the vet.  It was hard to put her to sleep but sounds like it was in her best interests.  If it was FIP the germs can linger for months everywhere and on everything.  Don't bring another cat into your house for at least a year.  Google it to find out the exact details.

Thank you for taking care of Sioux.  Her last days were warm and loving.  I was really hoping she would pull though.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry that little Sioux lost her battle. At least in her short life she knew what it was to have someone caring for her. :rbheart:

This thread will be locked know as per The Cat Site policy. I would like to suggest making a tribute thread in our Crossing The Bridge Forum for her when you feel up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.