Kitten not eating. Diarrhea

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm fostering 4 6 week old babies. 3 are healthy. One is small and only weighs 1.09lbs. Thus has been happening for 1.5 weeks. Not always eating. Sometimes has diarrhea. He had an appt last week and they gave probiotics. But still no change. Today they gave more probiotics and 3 doses of dewormer. He drinks good. Sometimes have high energy with big appetite but his weight isn't catching up. I also give nutrical. Anyone experience stuff like this? Did dewormer help? How long till he goes back to being healthy?

hopscotch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have fostered a couple of kittens that got diarrhea. It sounds like you are in communication with the shelter and keeping them up to date and a few things have been tried which is good. It's important that a vet is involved in this. I'm wondering if they are just doing the same dewormer or are they doing something like Baycox for oocyts too? Or it could be shelter stress causing it. I don't have a ton of experience with this but it shouldn't be going on for a long time without intervention ongoing because of the risk of dehydration. Have they considered a diarrhea panel?