Kitten neutered (area is scabbing/skin peeling off)

babycoby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kitten (scrotum area scabbing/skin peeling) after neutering

Species: Cat
Sex: Male
Neutered: Yes
Breed: European Shorthair
Body Weight: aprox 2.4-2.8 kg
History: No medical history (healthy)
Duration: 2 days

Hi there!
I’m a bit worried about the neutering wound of my kitten Coby. Coby has been neutered(castrated) 6 days ago. Until 2 days ago I noticed the area was scabbing/skin peeling off. I don’t know what to call it. I tried to reach my vet all day but they kept telling me she would call me back. Well, they’re closed now and still haven’t received any call. I don’t know if this is normal, it looks really weird and painful! Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Coby had a bloodtest before the surgery and the results came out fine! He’s also sleeping a-lot, eating a lot more and doesn’t go as much to the bathroom as he used to do.

Thankyou!
C9D8DDE3-9A8B-43F9-8651-BF406B510F14.jpeg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, it's a little TOO close-up. Can you zoom out a little to show the context?

It may be the glue they used to seal the incisions.

Can your vet receive pictures by email or text? Nothing beats getting a professional opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babycoby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sure! Thanks for the reply. Well I’ve emailed my vet on Sunday (no reply) and called today, the assistant said she’d have the doctor call me back. She didn’t call me, so I called again! And yep, same answer “she’ll call you in a bit”. Didnt receive a call and they’re closed now smh. So unprofessional.. This is my first cat ever btw

This is what is was like an hour ago

IMG_5761.jpg

and this is what it looked like 6 days ago
AA496795-D1E1-4185-AB29-811D8A594C41.jpeg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks good to me, no infection, seems to be healing well. The only thing I can't explain is the crustiness/peeling. But like I said, maybe that's the glue coming off. Let us know what the vet says!

babycoby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Glad to hear! Yea I will give the vet a call again 🥴 first thing in the morning! Better safe than sorry right! Coby said thanks!

84C70BFB-1952-42E5-AD0E-A0DB3B2F0904.jpeg

babycoby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kitten (scrotum area scabbing/skin peeling) after neutering

Species: Cat
Sex: Male
Neutered: Yes
Breed: European Shorthair
Body Weight: aprox 2.4-2.8 kg
History: No medical history (healthy)
Duration: 2 days

Hi there!
I’m a bit worried about the neutering wound of my kitten Coby. Coby has been neutered(castrated) 6 days ago. Until 2 days ago I noticed the area was scabbing/skin peeling off. I don’t know what to call it. I tried to reach my vet all day but they kept telling me she would call me back. Well, they’re closed now and still haven’t received any call. I don’t know if this is normal, it looks really weird and painful! Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Coby had a bloodtest before the surgery and the results came out fine! He’s also sleeping a-lot, eating a lot more and doesn’t go as much to the bathroom as he used to do.

Thankyou!
View attachment 365970
Update:

The vet told me to come over, after checking Coby’s neutered area she was happy about the way it was healing! The scabbing/peeling is completely normal she said, Coby was even allowed to get his collar removed!