Kitten meowing alot

robert707

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Adopted a 3 month old kitten two days ago (7/15) he is very vocal . he eats, drinks, urinates and defecates. I live in a two story town house and when I go downstairs he will cry at the top of stairs I call him and he comes down. He has a meow very similar to a Siamese. Father is unknown mother was brought in after having litter to animal shelter.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS 
  It sounds like your new kitten wants to be with you - that's a good sign.   Why don't you post a picture of him so we can admire him?  You say he talks a lot and has a Siamese-like meow - maybe he does have some Siamese in his background.  Does his meowing concern you?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Your cats are beautiful and I love the photos.  As for meowing so much, some cats are just very vocal.  It varies tremendously from cat to cat but it sounds perfectly normal to me.  I've had talkers and silent types and the talkers are a lot of fun.  It does take awhile to understand what they are telling you, which might be concerning if you are used to a cat whose meows you can easily figure out.  But you'll get there!