Kitten meowing a lot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dangoyumi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update.
She ate a bite of the wet kitten food but right after she walked away from the smell of it. I tried smearing some mush around her mouth and she licked it off but still walks away from the plate of mush.

I just want to ask how much of the food should I add to the formula? Will there be more formula or more kitten food in the mush?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It will be enough formula to mash the wet food into a mush the consistency of oatmeal.

dangoyumi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She refuses the mush completely and when I try to bottle feed her formula again she refuses as well but cries a lot. She doesn't seem to be sick but I'm worried. What can I do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your kitten will get hungry again. You just went through this with her.

Last edited:

dangoyumi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update! 

Sorry that I haven't been posting in a while, I have been busy with studies and many other things in my life. I planned to post after all my exams are done to give an update but recently I felt like I really needed to seek guidance so I decided to post earlier than I planned.

My kitten (Snowball) has NOT been growing in size. I have brought her to the vet many times and the vet also does not know why she is still this size. The vet says it might be because she is experiencing malnutrition and might not live for long but luckily she is still alive now. She has only been drinking milk because when I try to feed her mush or anything besides milk, she will refuse it and not take a bite at all. Milk intake is on the low side as well and these few days she has been sleeping a lot and she looks very tired as well.

As for the digestive side, she recently just passed motion once earlier today and once more just now. The poops weren't too hard or watery and the color was yellowish. 

My concerns right now are why is she not growing in size, how should I try to wean her properly since she declines anything except for milk, and why is she so sleepy recently.

I hope my questions will be answered, and just to let you know, I have prepared myself for the worst as the vet had told me to,

Thank you for taking your time to read this! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If your cat has yellow poop then she has a bacterial infection and needs antibiotics ASAP.

Your cat is weak and ill and that is why it is sleeping a lot. Your cat is not growing because it is not eating.

So, your cat needs medicine immediately. Then, your cat must begin eating wet cat food, or tuna, or kitten chow. No cat can live on milk alone. You must leave dry food and wet food available to your cat while you are at school. She will begin eating when her infection is cleared up with antibiotics.

Please update after you seek help for the yellow poop. It is probably coccidia.

Also, please post an updated picture of your cat, who should now be almost 3 months old.

Last edited:

dangoyumi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She pooped once more and it became brownish in color so does that mean she is okay?

And I tried to give her wet food or kitten chow or tuna but she does not want any of them, not even dry food. She declines all of them and does not want to even swallow them even if I put it in her mouth.

dangoyumi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

A recent picture of her sleeping. I've been giving honey every few hours to keep her alive and am feeding a little milk. Will try kitten food again tomorrow.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is not ok. She is emaciated and must eat and get antibiotics. I think you need to go back to syringe feeding her.

dangoyumi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am feeding her right now but again she does not want to eat kitten food at all. 

Right now it is 4:36am at my place and maybe later on I can go to the vet. I am not sure but I will try my best to bring her there.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even kitten milk or milk blended with kitten food will help. I don't think she'll survive without a vet visit in the near future.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One drop at a time with the honey on her gums to give her a bit of strength.

dangoyumi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will try to syringe feed her some milk with kitten food mixed in it to get her used to the taste and I'll see if she finally will accept it.

I am currently feeding her milk and she is drinking it thankfully.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is pitiful. You are starving this kitten to death.

She still needs antibiotics NOW, and she needs CALORIES.

You must ask the vet for Nutrical paste, and give her some several times a day.

You must get wet cat food into her. It needs to be the consistency of oatmeal, and you give her a little bit at a time. This is called force feeding. She may not want food, but she will die without food. Stop giving her just milk!

And quite frankly, you need to see a vet who tells you that she can be saved with medicine and nutrition, not the vet who has done nothing for her.

Help her today! It is critical!

Last edited:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I completely agree with @sarthur2  that you really need a different vet!

There is no reason for that vet to say he doesn't know why she is not growing. That's ridiculous, then find out! 

She is not well, she is starving to death, literally if something doesn't change and fast.

What am I seeing around her face? The brown color?

Under her eyes are blue? This is not good, if you want to save her please get another vets help.

If not, then you will end up watching her die a slow and suffering death.

That is what is happening now :(

VERY sad.

When you say milk, do you mean kitten formula?

bella 2710

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have never seen a kitten look so sick, that is a awful sight to see.
That poor little thing looks like its at deaths door. That picture has really upset me, you should really get it to another vet, because the one you've been taking it to would have either gave you proper advise or told you to leave the kitten there for them to sort out. So sad.