Kitten meds please help

louann1977

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two kittens with URIs. The first dose wasnt bad. They both done great. The next morning and ever since my older kitten acts like Im trying to kill her. She tries to bite me and everything. Its getting so bad. I am just trying to get her better. I am getting frustrated. How do I make this easier.
I wrap her in a towel and talk to her the whole time. But I dont know what else to do. Any advice to make it easier please.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm guessing you have pills of some sort. Have you tried using pill pockets, or coating the pill in something yummy? Pate has alway been a favourite in this house. If the pills can be crushed, crushing and mixing into some strongly smelling food (tuna is great for this) is another way to medicate by stealth! Its much easier to get the cat to eat the pill on its own if you can.
[article="22402"]How Can I Give A Pill To My Cat  [/article][article="32724"]Pilling Cats Must Know Tips For Hiding Pills  [/article]

servant indeed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What medication are you giving them? Is it a liquid or pill? Like Columbine said, hiding medication in food so that they eat it themselves is the best method since there is no trauma. I used to try hiding pills in pill pockets but my girl started eating only the treat part. Try to hide the medication in a new food if you can, because they'll know if something they used to eat doesn't taste the same anymore.