Kitten... Male or female?

heatherbaggett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Daughter got a new kitten and are trying to figure out what it is. Can anyone tell by the pics?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heatherbaggett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! The lady told me it was a girl when I picked it up for my daughters birthday. I'm not very good at telling on kittens so thought I'd ask on here.

dandila

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is up with that?  Breeders not knowing sex of kittens....when I picked out my kitten I told the breeder I was interested in a female and she said that she had only males.  I looked at the group of three and immediately spotted my girl!

jemma01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can tell the sex of my kittens as soon as they are born yet one vet told me I wouldn't be able to tell till 21 so far it has just been luck I have got them correct.... Yet I find it easier to sex as newborns

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. you have a fluffly little fellow. It is difficult to sex a kitten  except right after they are born - especially in long haired cats. In one of my litters I had one I was convinced was a boy and when we went for shots, the vet told me it was a girl! I was red faced!!

heatherbaggett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So everyone agrees that it's a male? I told the lady I was interested in a female but honestly it doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl. I just didn't second guess her until I actually looked yesterday. Lol

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wonder how the breeder got this wrong tho. It's a very obvious boy :( A very beautiful little boy, I hope you'll enjoy him for many years to come!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He's a sweetheart. Does he have a name yet? I hope you didn't pick out loads of girl's names already.

Last edited:

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Boy deffo boy I recently had same problem told our cheetah was girl got him home and after a few hours I was like 'hold the phone thats a wee willy winky not a lady bit' My hubby found the expression funny until I mentioned if we dont get him done he'll probably spray pee all over our lovely home!

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Boy deffo boy I recently had same problem told our cheetah was girl got him home and after a few hours I was like 'hold the phone thats a wee willy winky not a lady bit' My hubby found the expression funny until I mentioned if we dont get him done he'll probably spray pee all over our lovely home!

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Umm...It looks like, for lack of a better term, balls in the picture--so that would be a boy.

heatherbaggett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone! My daughter had named "her" Sadie but has renamed him Romeo! :) Hopefully Romeo doesn't decide to spray everything in my house when he gets a little older!

dandila

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've heard that the boys make more loving pets anyway.  My female sprayed me the first time she came into heat which prompted an immediate phone call to the vet!