Kitten
Purraise
I think I've decided to call him Little Brother. Can ya help a brother out? Lol

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Looks like he's cut short, stubby whiskers.  Honestly, it looks like someone grabbed them and cut them off.  Is that possible?  Do you have small children there who might have done that.  Else could he have gotten them caught in something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naricaution

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nope. No children here. No one would have done this other than his brother and sisters and our chihuahua who isn't really interested in them but is very tolerant and nice with them. I jokingly put her in charge of babysitting if I need to step out of the house with the kittens still out. And both sides look the same, so I doubt he'd get all of them caught on something. I just noticed the other night so I'm not really sure when this happened.

naricaution

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here's a better pic of him with his sister. (Excuse the eye crusties, I just woke them up) He eats the most and seems completely fine other than the whisker issue.

pixelkitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's entirely possible that in rough play (most likely with his siblings) that they got chewed off. I've seen it happen from time to time in past litters. They should grow back no problem, but I'd still keep an eye on him so he doesn't get stuck somewhere he can't fit - cats use their whiskers to judge if an area is big enough for them to slip into.

naricaution

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww, poor lil guy. Hopefully they grow back soon. He looks pretty cute without them though. Thanks for the replies, guys.