Kitten Looks

jreiger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im not very good with genetics, but I have a question, or well, a few. Is it possible to have a cat that is in between a short hair and a medium hair? I live with four cats, and three are short haired. Kaylee has a very thick coat, like a winter kitty, but it looks short. Also, is it possible to get something like that when her parents and grandparents were DHS?

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The fur lengh genes are wandering loose,  and meets quite randomly in said individual.  Thus it is fully possible an individual has quite different fur lengh and even fur type, than his siblings, parents and grandparents..

If the coat shall be counted as long, look at the tail in difficult cases.  Bushy tail is the big revelator, so to speak...

Good luck!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im not very good with genetics, but I have a question, or well, a few. Is it possible to have a cat that is in between a short hair and a medium hair? I live with four cats, and three are short haired. Kaylee has a very thick coat, like a winter kitty, but it looks short. Also, is it possible to get something like that when her parents and grandparents were DHS?

I absolutely love the picture of this sleeping kitty. Beautiful

top kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also love the why the kitty poses in the 2nd pic lol!