kitten -litter box problem

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people were never taught the proper way to raise their cats. (Or we could have a psychic (sp) vampire on our hands.) It is our job to educate these folks so they can become good loving owners and correct their mistakes.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with you...people need to be educated. I love cats, and always have...but I was so clueless on so many things when I found this site and have learned so very much. I too "spanked" my kitty (Merlin) on the butt when he was younger. I didn't EVER do it hard, and it didn't hurt him, I would NEVER hurt an animal on purpose, but when he would start to climb the drapes, or claw the couch, I would say no, and gently give him a swat on the butt. He was smart and learned quickly what to do and what not to do, but I did not realize until I joined here that spanking, no matter how gentle, is not the right thing to do. I also did not fully understand the importance of having cats spayed/neutered. I wasn't a bad person for doing what I did, just uneducated. Thank God for places like this that can teach us the right and wrong way of taking care of our cats. Thankfully people here were kind to me and taught me the error of my ways. I owe alot to this site.

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Debby, this is one of the reasons we love you so much. You listened and learned and changed your behavior as a result.

The vast majority of people who visit us immediately change once they learn that what they are doing isn't helping (and may even be hurting). Helping people learn is why coming here is so rewarding. Bless all of you who have come here seeking help and followed the suggestions given by the wise members of TheCatSite!

phoebes mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree HITTING A KITTY is not the right way they are so delicate and tiny! Now I will admit I was a big fan of the spray bottel until I learned that wasnt to bright either.