Kitten likes to show me her potty-using skills??

peachesxo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, lol... This is so strange.

My kitten is still in isolation from the rest of the apartment because she has been sick and is still being treated and needs to be apart from my resident cat, I haven't had her for very long but seems quite attached to me already, and literally WAITS for me to be in the room when she uses the litter box. At first I thought she was just going a lot, but now that I have had her longer I have realize she actually waits until I am in the room to use it. She is quite regular and takes 2 poops a day on average it seems, and she makes sure I am there to witness both of them, same goes for many of her piddles. I will walk in the room and she will meow and be cute and come say hello, and then head right for the litter box and use it. She stares at me the entire time she goes! If I look away she meows at me to get my attention back on to her o_O

Lol... what? Has anyone experienced this before? What on earth is this about? I find it cute and really weird at the same time. I've also started praising her while she goes because that's the only thing I can guess she wants when she does this?? Really though, I'm lost, my other cat has never done anything like this.

Last edited:

jokasta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has the exact same behaviour. She will poop twice a day, once in the morning, once in the evening, but only if I'm at home. If not, she will wait until I am. 

My theory is that it has something to do with her physical exercise. When I'm at home, I play with her, or if I'm busy she will follow me everywhere, which also means exercise, as she likes to climb everything in my footsteps. After a session like that, there comes the poop. If I'm not at home, she will sleep most of the day, and naturally, there can be no bowel movement.

Dunno. It's something I've considered.

Btw, be glad for it! I'd rather have my kitten poo and and clean immediately afterwards, then let it sit there all day until I'm back. No? :p