kitten licked my spinach dip- should i be worried?

haleyrose99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*I know medical advice can't be given here but if anyone has some experience with this I would really appreciate some advice/help!

So I have springy kittens and they often jump up onto my work desk while I'm sitting there. I was finishing some last minute documents at my desk and had a bowl of spinach dip next to my keyboard (its the aldi store brand), and I turned away for maybe 30 seconds. When I looked back over, it seemed like my buddy Milo had stuck his face in the bowl and at most licked it once or twice, at the least got some stuck to his nose from sniffing because there was a tiny little streak of it (like literally a cm long line) flung/smudged on the desk. I know onions, garlic and some other food are toxic at even the smallest amounts so I'm starting to get a bit worried. Is this something I can wait out to see a reaction, or should I take him to the emergency vet right now? It happened about 20 minutes ago and right now he seems fine, but I know it can take a few hours for symptoms to show. It's late at night and I'm afraid to sleep in case something happens in the middle of the night. I'll attach the ingredient list just in case

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I personally would just observe him, especially if all he did was ingest a lick or two. At worst, it could give him a bit of an upset stomach and perhaps some diarrhea. At best, there will be no visible impact at all. Make sure he eats and drinks as he normally would, as that will help him to pass this 'stuff' from his system.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

haleyrose99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I personally would just observe him, especially if all he did was ingest a lick or two. At worst, it could give him a bit of an upset stomach and perhaps some diarrhea. At best, there will be no visible impact at all. Make sure he eats and drinks as he normally would, as that will help him to pass this 'stuff' from his system.
definitely glad i didn't turn out my pockets for the vet, a full day later and he had no reaction at all! going to keep the dips on my countertops from now on:sweat: