Kitten legs paralyzed...please suggest some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

winkie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dear friends...yesterday evening a local shopkeeper in the neighbourhood came up to me and said that a dog has attacked a cat and he requested me to come and look. As most of the people around here know that only I have cats as pets and they hate me for this. I went along with him to see what had happened and he took me a bit far from my house on to the main road and I saw a kitten (don't know how old maybe 3 months) this kitten was lying in a dirty drain and the kids were throwing stones at him. I scolded the kids and people around for not having any kindness for animals here and I picked up the kitten out from that dirty drain. That shopkeeper had his shop nearby and he told me that dogs had attacked him and the kitten hid under the drain. He told me that he had called me as he has seen me with my cats. He also told me that if I would not take that kitten he would kill it. I was confused as I already had two cats that too fighting these days. But seeing the condition of the kitten I couldn't stop my tears and infact asked God as why are people so cruel. I talked to my mom on my cell phone and told her about the situation. And she too was afraid of my cats at home who might also attack this poor baby. But then we both agreed to bring him home. I again picked the kitten and to my surprise he was not able to stand on his feet and was not able to walk. He dragged himself farther from me in fear. His legs are no more it seems. I managed to pick him again and I  rushed back home with him biting me all the way. Now the things are that he/she is not able to walk or stand. Not eating anything. Not allowing me to touch him and he is dirty and smelly. He is hiding under the bed and has not come out. I have placed food in front of him but he is not eating. And now the reaction of my cat. My elder cat was angry with me as why I have brought this kitten and he hissed at me and dashed to the front gate asking me to open it and to let him outside. But I ignored him and now he has gone to the first floor of my house and sleeping.  The younger cat of mine had a friendly reaction. Went up to the kitten looked at him and came back.

Please advise will the legs of kitten work. As I am not able to look for wounds what should I do and how should I make the kitten eat and come to me so that I can help him. One or two time I tried but seeing me coming he drags his legs and rolls over as he cannot get up. Will try some vet here again but in the meantime please suggest some help. Thanks all.

jmljml19

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
he's scared, he needs time to adjust to a new place after being attacked by vicious beings before he'll come out and eat or drink. his spine could be broken and might need therapy or he could have internal or brain injuries from being in a dog's mouth and being hit my rocks. take him to a vet asap if you want him to have a fighting chance. poor kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

winkie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sad to say he died...he was crying bitterly...I tried the vet and he refused to give any treatment saying there is no treatment for this...he also told me that baby was only a month old....I am sorry and I ask forgiveness from the baby kitten that I couldn't save him...thanks to all.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Dear Winkie,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor little baby, it's such a shame that his short life is over.

Thank you for caring and trying to help him.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Dear Winkie,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor little baby, it's such a shame that his short life is over.

Thank you for caring and trying to help him.
That's so sad. This little baby had such a hard time just before you met him/her. Remind your self that you gave love and care to this tiny creature when everyone else offered pain and that is precious.  

Status
Not open for further replies.