Kitten Leg Possibly Broken

greenpuppyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
**Please take serious note that this was an ACCIDENT** I slammed my maybe about 3-6 week old kittens paw into a door.It seems really hurt as if it were broken.The nearest vet office in my town closed about 30 min ago.The kitten is limping and when it plays,it almost seems like its paw is numb.We stopped touching it because it seamed we were causing pain in the paw.If the leg is broken,what is the average cost to take the kitten to the vet tomarrow? Will the kitten make it with the,maybe, broken paw till 8am tomarrow(when they open).Also,No bones are visibly poking out of its skin.Please help!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You will want to keep the kitten as immobile as possible. A dog crate or carrier or bathtub or bathroom should work with that age. Just a small box top for a litter box, food and water.

You are probably looking an exam and xrays (around $200 for both here) in terms of cost. Because of the age I doubt there will be much that can be done for treatment beyond pain medication and limiting movement. Unfortunately the bones are small and cats heal super fast that young. But you should still see the vet because if it is broken they may need to splint or cast it to prevent it from healing crooked (another $100-200, if they do it should be all the way up the arm otherwise the kitten is likely to shake it off, it has happened to me, or try to scrape it off).

I do know how hard limited movement is, especially on a kitten, but it is the best and fastest way to heal, or in this case prevent further injury. Don't encourage playing too much and limit running around.

Hopefully it is just bruised and needs time. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Call the vet office anyways. Most vets have an after hours voicemail message that tells you who to call / where to go for emergencies.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's always worth a check up after there has been a trauma, but it does sound like she is doing well.