Kitten keeps breaking stuff

mariamalroha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, so my kitten had broken 3 stuff this week. My dad is so mad. Is there anyway to teach my cat not to break stuff.? I know it sounds weird but my kitten keeps moving around fragile stuff and breaks them when he's playing or running on tables.

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's just a kitten, I recommend moving stuff out of the way, to high shelves, in drawers.  It isn't intentional he is just playing and will not understand you yelling or hitting.  He will calm down as he gets older.

Do you have cat trees or can you duct tape cardboard boxes together so he can climb on those instead.  You can also cut holes (or get help) in the boxes to make doorways  between them.  If you google cardboard cat trees you can see what others have done.  Giving him somewhere he can run and play is the best option.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The only way to prevent more stuff from breaking is to kitten-proof everything and remove it out of Kitty's way. He's a kitten. It's like having a toddler around, a very agile toddler with tons of energy. The good news is that most cats calm down gradually as they grow up. Until that happens, as suggested here, try to keep valuables out of the kitten's way and keep playing with your cat to help it develop its skills. Here's an article which could help - 

[article="0"]Playing With Your Cat Ten Things Every Cat Owner Needs To Know​[/article]  

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How often are you playing with him? Kittens need tons of playtime, or else they get bored easily and run around and break things and make us sad. What toys do you have out for him?