Kitten is sneezing

mrsmcfadden

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I have an 11 week old kitten who constantly sneezes. She has had her first round of shots. She eats Blue Wilderness. She does eat wet at night. She has no other symptoms. She acts totally normal. So discharge. My other Ragdoll kitten did this and I changed her food to innova and she stopped this. But with everything going on with them I'm not ready to start that food back. Any ideas on this?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did the sneezing start after the vaccines? If kitten was sneezing before, then it could be the diet. If sneezing started after the vaccines then I wouldn't make any diet changes until she is feeling better. One of my cats is sneezing like crazy but I think it is from allergies. I doubt the sneezing of your kitten is allergies at this point. The vaccine could have suppressed the immune system just enough for a virus to take hold. Make sure you let your vet know about her symptoms and watch her closely. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsmcfadden

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was before the vaccines. And she wasn't eating good before I got her. And it's usually after she's in litterbox or in laundry which makes me think allergies. But I know she's young for that. She goes next week so ill ask the vet.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is also possible that she was already dealing with a "cold" before the vaccines. Kittens under stress are so susceptible to pick up a virus. :vibes::vibes::vibes: and good luck at the vet with your new kitten.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'd call the Vet before waiting a week, just because this baby is still quite young.  Or did you already mention it to the Vet, since it started before the vaccines? 

If she's doing it more when in the litter box or in the laundry, have you tried changing the litter?  What are you using?  Maybe you could try changing laundry detergent/fabric softener and see if that makes a difference too? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsmcfadden

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't mention it to the vet bc I got her and immediately took to the vet bc I didn't want her to be sick around my other cats. It's slowed down a lot. I use tidy cats clumping litter but think I need to go back to crystals. It's way too dusty. I remember my other kitten doing this same thing and it was a virus but dolly( other kitten) had runny eyes.

Last edited: