Kitten Is Not Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlincardinal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten paws are freezing she has liquid leaking out her mouth she’s making weird sounds and her legs keep shaking please help someone tell me what is wrong. My cat is two days old mama cat won’t give it any attention

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear! You need to warm the kitten up as quickly as possible. Hold her to your chest in a blanket. Prepare a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel or heating pad set on low under a blanket.

Has the kittens been nursing mom?

Once warmed up, put some honey on her gums to perk her up, then give her drops of honey water in her mouth with a syringe.

Be prepared for the worst though, as it sounds like she may not make it.

Are there other kittens in the litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Caitlincardinal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh dear! You need to warm the kitten up as quickly as possible. Hold her to your chest in a blanket. Prepare a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel or heating pad set on low under a blanket.

Has the kittens been nursing mom?

Once warmed up, put some honey on her gums to perk her up, then give her drops of honey water in her mouth with a syringe.

Be prepared for the worst though, as it sounds like she may not make it.

Are there other kittens in the litter?
There is 7 other kittens. This was the last born kitten. She was born 3 hours after everyone

Caitlincardinal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All other kittens are eating and my cat trust me. I have been making this kitten eat first but she won’t eat. She won’t close her mouth.

Caitlincardinal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately I could find any information on what’s wrong and i did what the lady said to do but baby has died

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im sorry to hear this. The advice given were good, is the Crash Remedy advice to begin with...

I suspect the kitten was dying anyway...

Do give it a decent burial, say a few words if you want.

And continue to give attention and your protection to these others whom are alive. The cat mom does so.
Weigh them every day so you know they are growing as they shall.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like the lungs weren't quite developed. Try to focus your grief on the remaining 7. Weigh them daily to make sure they are thriving. This is a big litter. It would be helpful to give mom a saucer of KMR or goats milk daily for her calcium needs. Also, give her kitten food for the protein and calories.

We want pictures as soon as you are able to.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
C Caitlincardinal , the TCS team would like you to know that we are so very sorry for your loss. You did your very best for this little one. Please do feel free to start another thread so that our team can help with the other kittens.

Threads are locked after someone has suffered such a loss, as a sign of respect.

RIP little one
:rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart: :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.