Kitten Help

LMedler07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
4 kittens, one has a new home an the other 3 I still have . I have a question about one of them, see the others are eating soft food an 2 are eating soft an hard food, and I believe all are using the litter box and their 2 months old. Now my question is, I have one that refuses to eat food, she'll still suckle on mom or she'll drink the cat milk replacer...she'll walk up to the plate of food with her brother and sister netball she does is sniffs an then scratches the ground around it like she' trying to cover it with dirt or something. I'e tried giving her own and a different food an she won' eat the hard food either. So what do I do?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old are they?

Edit: just saw they are 2 months.
Let the one still nurse. Some kittens take longer than others, and 8 weeks is not that old. Give her a little more time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LMedler07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay ill give it try, thanks!!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 months is too early to rehome. Please keep them with mom until 10 weeks at least.

It would also be great if you could spay and neuter the kittens before they go to their new homes!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They should be with their mom for a couple more weeks so they can nurse still if they want to, that's fine.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agreed that the one kitten needs more time to nurse. Best they stay with mom for 12 weeks actually.