Kitten Help;)

Jessica Meade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi guys i just love the cat site and helpful it has been each time i have fostered..
I got our new foster about 5 weeks ago she was a barn cat that was going to be put down because of her roaming and then pregnant anyway today she had her 6 sweet baby kittens. she had the last one a few hours ago and all are nursing and she (molly) is resting she is a beautiful grey cat looks alot like my journey (my first foster that had such a hard life we kept her after her litter) im rambling sorry her 6 babies look alot alike she has 3 solid black and then three calico mostly black but beautiful orange and white markings honestly some of the most beautiful kittys i have fostered. Now to my guestions how 1.)how can i tell them apart??? i really want to keep up with weight whos eating and all that fun stuff ? nail polish?? is the smell ok for mom?
2.) i had two cats born in the same sack?? has anyone seen this before? does that mean they are twins?
and lastly3.) my scale stopped working after first weigh i got straight on amazon amd ordered a new one with overnight shipping. anything else i can do to check weight gain? should i run out to walmart and try and find one? its midnight here is NC ***sorry so long**** been an exciting day

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
You can put nail polish on the tips of their tails! They will need refreshed every few days. I have also heard of people putting a dot of sharpie on the inside of the ears! The two in the same sack are twins!
As long as everyone is nursing good I think it is fine to wait a couple of days until the scale comes in the mail!
Congrats! Post some pictures!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessica Meade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you i have Foster before and had kittens that look alike but there was always some little way to tell them apart specially the older they got I guess these two little black ones are black with a little white dot in the exact same place everything is exactly the same it is crazy! But a lot of this litter looks a lot alike so thanks for the nail polish tip I will try that and just didn't want anything to mess with the smell of momma and her new kittens

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
If you don't have different color nail polish (I don't), paint different nails & keep track front right #1, front left #2 etc.

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try using baby nail polish so it is less toxic for Mom when she licks it off of them.