Kitten Help/ Advice Needed!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TypicalKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: they didn't find any parasites in her fecal sample, though it was a small sample. They gave us antibiotics and after that treatment is done a thing that helps her digestive system.

She pooped yesterday and it was soft but not diarrhea! That was after just one side of her antibiotics!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good to hear. Who knows what went into her stomach prior to you getting her. It may take some time and drugs to fix it completely.
I'm so glad she ended up with you.

TypicalKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank You! This site has definetly helped me.

TypicalKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Nami is now 6w 1d and ivy is getting along with her. The only time she growls or bats nami is when nami pounces on her tail.

Nami has no more diarrhea and is eating wet food with a tiny bit of milk and her dry food. Ago can't get her to drink water though.

We are in the middle of teaching her no biting the hands or feet, or any part of us. She's getting better but it's hard when all she wants to do is play.

This morning when I was in the kitchen she started rubbing herself on my legs and meowing for me to pet her. She already had her food so she was being loving. It's the first time she's ever done it and I can't wait for her to keep doing it!

She has also learned how to climb ivys cat tree and has three sleeping spots on it. Ivy never uses them except for one. She doesn't seem to mind her on the tower.

I bought a very big mulicat litter box and we have two other regular litter boxes in different locations.

Right now she's resting on my chest licking me and attacking my hair. Ivy is sleeping haha!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that she's better and that Ivy has accepted her. I knew that once Sarthur2 took over, your kitten would be fine. (She has forgotten more than I will ever know).
Kittens are fun but can be annoying at times. Just have fun and love her and Ivy.

We need updated pictures.

TypicalKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nami can be annoying but I'm just happy she's all healthy and alive! I'll post pictures!

TypicalKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me too! That was the only time they laid together lol!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been saying this a lot. But, it really is a fun (although loud) cheap toy and kittens love it. An empty 16 oz water bottle (because they are round and soda usually isn't) with 4 pennies inside. Seal it back up, rattle it, throw it and watch the fun.

TypicalKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you know how I get her to actually eat the wet food instead of sucking all the milk/water out of it?

TypicalKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been saying this a lot. But, it really is a fun (although loud) cheap toy and kittens love it. An empty 16 oz water bottle (because they are round and soda usually isn't) with 4 pennies inside. Seal it back up, rattle it, throw it and watch the fun.

And I will definitely try this! She loves this soda bottle that I cleaned and took the plastic off. She just arts is it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens at 6 weeks old will not drink water if they are getting milk and wet food. Also, at 6 weeks she is still "weaning" to solids, so she will learn to eat better and better as time goes by. Just make sure food is always available.

Play with her with toys rather than your hands and she will learn that hands are not toys. This takes time though, and most kittens go through a stage of attacking hands and feet.

So nice the two cats are getting along! :)