Kitten has random red spot/sore on mouth that only appeared today!?

nimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all :kneading:

My kitty has this random little sore that’s appeared today. It wasn’t there when I left for work, and now that I’ve come home I noticed it straight away. I’ve tried to look online but I can’t find any answers. I just don’t know if it’s something I should be immediately taking her to the vet over, or to just keep an eye on it.

I tried really hard to get a good photo, but she’s very wriggly and excited when I get home from work haha.
Thanks so much for any help:sickcat:

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She could have knocked her mouth when playing. Does it look like a spot or bite, does it have a head, have you looked inside her mouth. If she is eating and drinking ok then I would just keep an eye on it and if it starts to bother her or gets worse then contact your vet. Take another photo in a couple of hours for comparison.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She could have knocked her mouth when playing. Does it look like a spot or bite, does it have a head, have you looked inside her mouth. If she is eating and drinking ok then I would just keep an eye on it and if it starts to bother her or gets worse then contact your vet. Take another photo in a couple of hours for comparison.
Thank you so much for your reply!☺

The first thing I thought of is she might of knocked it. I have a camera on her during the day when I’m at work, so I went through all the recordings and it doesn’t look like anything out of the ordinary happened. She’s also drinking and eating ok, she chowed her dinner down as usual haha. She’s acting totally normal too, doing her usual pre-bedtime zoomies at the moment 😂

I took a couple more pics, 1 hour after the first and then 3 hours. It does look like it’s gotten a little redder and more noticeable, but it looks like it’s scabbing over? Whereas before it look like a fresh graze or something. So I don’t think I could be a bite.
Thanks so much again for replying :lovecat:

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It DOES look like a scrape to me too. It could be feline acne or allergy. if she is drinking/eating out of any kind of plastic, change the bowls to stainless steel or glass. Plastic harbors too many kinds of bacteria and can cause sores just like that. It's either an injury or an allergy, so just keep an eye out and see what comes into contact with her mouth.