Kitten Has "poop Related Issue"

ashk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! My cat had 5 kittens about 7 weeks ago. All long haired. Well, one kitten had poop stuck directly in front of its butt for about a week. I thought it was just in front of her butt... but when I gave her a bath it turns out it was actually STUCK in her butt too. Like, it was plugged up. :( I cried because I felt so bad. Her anus was VERY swollen. It has since went back to normal size. But that was about 2 weeks ago! Today I noticed that this kitten hasn't been playing with the other ones and when I pick it up it "cries" when I have my hand on her belly. What do I do??? I could take her top the vet if need be, but I really can't afford it. Is there anything I could give her to maybe make her poop? I can't find ANYTHING helpful on laxatives for kittens.

Thanks in advance!!
Ashley

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Please don't give your kitty any meds that aren't perscribed by a vet. Even OTCs can cause problems in cats. Some natural laxatives you can try are pumpkin and organic coconut oil.

Here's an article that might help you regarding vet care: No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

I'm sorry that you and your kitty are going through this. :hugs:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, adding drops of olive oil to her wet food will help with constipation. Also the sliver of glycerin inserted will bring on a bowel movement after a few minutes.

It sounds in general as if she is not feeling well. Hopefully, these simple remedies will help.

Keep us posted!