Kitten has diarrhea...

nocturnal-catz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nyx have been having very loose smelly stools since we brought her home from the rescue about 3 weeks ago. She's been to the vet who checked her out and looked for parasites/worms but everything was negative. He said it probably from the diet switch and stress. I was wondering if any of you knew something else I can do to help her?

*Note*

She's 6 months and 8 lbs. She also eats Wellness Core chicken/turkey and Evo chicken/turkey 50/50 at meal times. Also these are both all stages foods.

SHE IS AN INDOOR ONLY CAT.

I would appreciate any help, ideas or advice I can get :)

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm...it might be worth another trip to the vet for a fecal or you can drop off a fresh specimen (you can put it in the fridge, gross I know, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!).  The life cycle of the worms may be such that they'd show up now.  The grain-free diet may also be upsetting her tummy.  I have one cat who can't tolerate an all grain-free diet, but try eliminating the Wellness and see if just going with the EVO helps.  If it persists, you might need to talk to the vet about a prescription food such as Royal Canin's Gastrointestinal HE.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did they send the fecal to an outside lab or did they do it in house?  If they did it in house I would recommend having them send it out to an outside lab such as Antech, they check for more parasites one called Trcihamonas that several kitties on this forum have had lately.  Sometimes the grain free diets can be too rich for kitties and that can cause problems too  Have you tried giving her a probiotic?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nocturnal-catz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Indeed it was done in-house. Someone recommended me a probiotic supplement to try. They carry it in a store close to me so I will be trying to get it tomorrow. If the place is all out, I will order it. In the mean time, I will give her some canned pumpkin (1-2 tsp. is what's recommended online). If its not better in about a week I will take her back to the vet. Not the last one she saw, he works for the rescue and has no idea what he doing... but she will go to Stella's (my older cat) primary. He is the best and I'm sure if I asked him to send it out he would :)