kitten got sick???? a little worried

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

I'm not being hard on myself.

I'm just warning that sometimes things might now seem super bad because you are doing everything right. It can't hurt to be safe and see the vet before it is really serious and there's nothing left to do, like with what happened to me.
I did not mean it that way I read it as you said you didn't do enough I felt you did, but I read it wrog sorry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
im sorry that ur kittens passed away!!! i have no idea what i would have done if that happened to us!! <hugs>

the kitten that was getting sick is actually doing really good now and has not gotten sick again and is acting like his young little self again completely. the deworming medicine they got yesterday made him (the one who was sick) have to go potty (#2) and he did all by himself all over a cord in the corner
. so therefore we have moved them into a confined spot (1/4 of our bedroom) and put a litter box in there (though the vet said we wouldnt have to yet) and he went potty (#1) last night all by himself in the litter box!!!!!!!! i was sooo shocked!!!
i cant believe it. helmyt has yet to go potty by himself but with due time i know he will. he is a little bit slower in development then the black kittie.

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we decided to spell helmet a little different bc all of our cats and kids have interesting spelled names, if not their 1st name then their middle so we decided to spell helmet... helmyt or helmytt. the black kittie (sick one) has used the potty 2 times now! there was a larger amount of urine today, but i did the skin pinch test thing and i think maybe he is a little dehydrated but i cant tell bc of all the fur again. since he is using the potty do u think he may not be drinking from sascha as much?? (we changed from sasha to sascha) should i leave a little water out for the little squirt to see if he is just ready for that step too??? since the dr thought his stomach upsetness could have been his stomach was ready for kitten food, what should i put out for him if he isnt drinking from sascha? i have been gone most of the day so i dont know if he has been nursing or not. not really too worried bc i gave him water (from a bottle) and he is acting as crazy as ever even before i gave him the water.

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
our cats names are (havent named the black kittie yet) Reddetta, Serj, Sascha, Helmytt and my kid's names are Robert Issack Zöe Vermillion and Shae Madysen
so just little differences i think are cute

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiekitten

our cats names are (havent named the black kittie yet) Reddetta, Serj, Sascha, Helmytt and my kid's names are Robert Issack Zöe Vermillion and Shae Madysen
so just little differences i think are cute
WOW you gave them all unique touches.