Kitten Going For Adoption

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I just need some general support from all my cat people out there. My kittens are going up for adoption! Yayyyy! Boooo! As I write, Pickles is at an adoption event at Petco with the rescue I'm working with. Both her brothers are going to homes with friends, and so I know I will be able to get pictures, updates, etc. This little girl has gotten into my heart and I love her so much, but I can't possibly keep her, as I am already keeping mom and auntie, too! Plus already have a 15 year old. And live in an apartment. I know she will be fine, I'm just feeling both happy and sad about her not being there when I go to pick the others up (they all got shots today, idk if she has been adopted yet). Just tell me I'm doing the right thing here and that she'll be ok. I feel like I'm being ridiculous about this, I know I am and have been giving her the best life/chance possible, but I have been feeling emotional about it. Uhhhhh, I'm such a sucker lol. Help me feel better about this please!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
It's SO hard - we want to keep them all!! You are doing a good thing, by going through your rescue/petsmart to ensure she goes to a loving caring home :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you, she didn't get adopted today and I was relieved and disappointed all at the same time!! There is another event next weekend, and I so badly want to just keep her but I know I can't, 4 cats in a small apartment is ridiculous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel better right now, but of course she is still here with me lol. There is another adoption event next weekend, so I guess she will go to that. I guess I feel like whatever is supposed to happen will happen. I also know this rescue is very thorough and checks in with the animals and new owners, and makes them sign a contract that they will return the cat if they can't keep it. I know there are plenty of people who love cats and would give her a wonderful home, it's just hard to let go of her! We will see what happens .

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing the right thing. I just went through this with an adorable, sweet pup I found. However, she will be spayed, vaccinated, wormed and microchipped and the person who adopts her will be vetted. So she will never end up as 'bait'. This doesn't stop the tears from rolling, but she has the best chance now. You cannot keep them all and you are giving this kitten the best chance at finding a loving happy home.
You are doing right by her and stick to it for her sake. She will be happy.
Oh, and cry...it helps sometimes.