Kitten Fur Changes

Brit1157

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want sure exactly where to post this question, it's my first time posting on this site. I was just wondering about my kittens tails, and if they will ever fluff out. I got them at around 8 weeks old and they were both very very fluffy. Now, they are going on 5 months and their fur has shortened up quite a bit. I thought maybe it's just a stage they are going through, but their tails aren't seeming to fluff out at all. Will it, as they get older, or are they probably going to be short haired cats? I don't know how to post pictures. I think their fur may get longer again as they get older, but I don't know why their tails aren't fluffing out.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds as though they're losing their baby fur. Without knowing their breed it's a bit difficult to say but they will probably be short haired cats. Just think, if so you'll have a little less hairball issues to deal with :hide: :barfgreen:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brit1157

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aw, ok thank you. I will love them either way, I was just hoping they would stay fluffy. I'm not sure of breed either, someone was giving them away so we took them in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brit1157

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's not the best picture of them, but they are always on the move. It's hard to get a good one lol

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
oh they're gorgeous!! looking at that, I'd say they're going to be inbetween as medium-length. What a darling pair - you're so fortunate!